Last week was just crazy and I missed getting to set my goals for the week. It probably was for the best because the way it went, I probably wouldn’t have gotten them done anyways. But the wonderful thing about time is that it passes and we are given the opportunity to begin anew. Last week I read a post by the lovely Erin that really made me think about my priorities, relationships, and really just reset my vision. Seriously, it rocked my world and you totally need to go read it!
The long and short of it is First Corinthians 13 all the way. All of our goals and plans are meaningless clanging bells without love. Erin said that she does not want to teach the people around her that tasks are more important than relationships. I have struggled off and on with trying to figure out how to do it all (mother, wife, student, freelance designer, oh yeah and just me as well) and I know that there have been moments where my need to complete tasks have gotten in the way of the relationships that I am doing these things for. That is where the vision reset has really focused me. Rather than getting annoyed that my son won’t go down for his nap so I can load the dishwasher, I am choosing to take that opportunity to give him my full attention (really, it’s not like the dishes won’t still be there) and play with him until he is ready. Rather than being frustrated when my husband asks me to go out and watch him shoot his bow or sit down and watch TV with him when I have 5 million other things I should be doing, I am choosing to be blessed that he is seeking time with me.
The crazy thing about this is when I choose relationships over tasks, the tasks manage to get done anyhow and I am have a lot less resistance when I ask for help with them. It is a powerful lesson the God has been teaching me this last week and I am grateful that I get to share it with all of you 🙂 My goals for this week are simple and with God’s help I will get them all done with lots of time for play, snuggles, and laughter in between!
Make a point to notice and document what love is looking like in my house a few times this week
- Read a story to Christian every day
- Take my pills each day – I know this should go without saying but I am really bad at remembering them sometimes. I think I am going to put them at my place at the table each night after supper so when I sit down to breakfast they will be right in front of me
Get out and walk 3 times this week
Get dressed (before noon LOL) in real clothes that make me feel good about myself every day
- Load/start the dishwasher, and clear off the table and counters before bed at least 3 times this week so I will wake up to a clean kitchen
Find some new healthy/yummy recipes to have for suppers next week – my in-laws are coming up on Wednesday so we will probably be over at their house for suppers most of this week 🙂
- Continue coding the PNE home page
Add individual and group project school assignments to my calendar
Make template/outlines for school papers and put them in Dropbox
Hello again! It is time for me to share with you some of my goals for this week. I have really been motivated to be purposeful with my days because of this series of posts. Even though I did not get all of my goals done this week, I am getting closer to accomplishing them all each time I do this. Click here to see last week’s list and what I got done from it. This week Hopefully Hurricane Sandy will be over and done with by Tuesday so my in-laws can make the drive up here for the week as planned
- Read a book to Christian each day this week – He is finally getting old enough to be interested in being read to and I want to encourage a love of reading in him like I have.
- Spend lots of time hanging out with my in-laws this week – that is if Hurricane Sandy doesn’t derail their trip up from Delaware ((fingers crossed that it doesn’t))
- Exercise 2x this week – I would try for three times this week, but the forecast full of rain and wind doesn’t bode well for that 😦
- Read my She Reads Truth devotional every day – This is one goal that I keep slacking on and I am determined that this is the week I stop slacking!
- Finish knitting my Leafy Fingerless mitt and start working on a hat for myself
- Clean out a drawer in the kitchen for some toys for Christian – Hopefully this will deter him from trying to open every other drawer and cabinet in the kitchen (although I doubt it)
- Install cabinet locks in the kitchen and bathrooms
- Move our cleaning supplies into the laundry room
- Post both discussion question responses by Wednesday
- Work on the banner/logo design for ATM
- Work on the PSD template for PNE
I can’t believe the week is over already! This past week has flown by and while I didn’t accomplish all my goals, I managed to get most of them done 🙂 Here is my list for the next week: FAMILY LIFE Play the piano with Christian – this is a holdover from last week’s list … Continue reading
Hey everyone! I have had it on my mind for a little while to be a bit more purposeful in my week instead of just reacting to each day as it comes. With that in mind, I have decided to take a little time each Sunday and write down 10 goals for the week. Here they are:
- Play the piano with Christian – My in-laws bought him a little play stand that has a 5 key keyboard on it which he adores. He plays and sings along with it all the time. I have a digital piano in my back room that I haven’t touched since he was born and I really want to start playing it for/with him.
- Read the first two chapters of Baby-Led Weaning (which finally came from the library!)
- Eat three actual meals every day this week – This has been a real struggle lately and I know that I need to be better about this so I can be more consistent with taking my insulin-resistance meds.
- Exercise 3x this week – Once again, this is something that I have struggled with lately. I know I feel so much better when I do it so this week will be the start!
- Do something completely frivolous (like start a fiction book or play my new games on the 3DS) at least twice this week guilt-free!
- Actually complete 20 Chore Tuesday this week!
- Meal plan for the week and stick to it
- Finalize style board and layouts for A-T-M
- Start coding blog theme for PNE
- Read two chapters of The Strategic Web Designer
I am hoping that making myself accountable like this will give me the motivation to do all of these things that I have truly wanting to do 🙂 Do you have a list?